Monday, February 4, 2013

Is it less than me, or is it an opportunity?


Do you remember that I told you I would like to work at a little shop with clothes and accessories? I went to an interview today. It didn't go very well, because I was more than enthousiastic. I didn't have to be that much overwhelmed. He told me I am overqualified and he doesn't understand why would I work there, since I could be anywhere else. He sounded like my parents. And why does he care if I want to do something less than my qualifications? Who says is less after all?

Everything we do in our life we do it to learn abit more about ourselves. This is what philosophers do. I will explain what I mean. For example, this job will be a trial for my personality because: I will have a boss and will have to be nice and kind at all times, despite my emotions, I will have a specific time schedule I will have to follow and many more... Why these are a challenge to me? I run a business and have noone to judge me or tell me what to do. Can you see that this change is an opportunity to learn abit more about myself and my reactions?

One of the most important tasks a philosopher has to do every day is to control his/her personality, overcome the routine and grow his/ her virtues, by exercising on habits that are good for the people around him/her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment