Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Just wondering

Hello!
One of you has added me at google plus circles! Wow! I was wondering if anyone is reading what I am writing and if it is even interesting to any of you. I know I don't to this to be famous... haha! But it would be nice to know that someone somewhere has read it and has an opinion about what I am doing here..

Basically, in philosophy there is one common truth. It is called "right action". It means that you do things: you help people, you work, you bring somebody a glass of water, you try to be kind and nice to people and on and on, but all this... without waiting for a reward! Doing the right thing or whatever you think is right not for loving you but because you just are a good person or trying to be..

What do I mean? How many times do we make somebody's favor just to like us? How many times do we speak kindly to a person, maybe a boss (!), while all we want to do is scream. We do things to gain love or, for men... power (in any form).

If..for a while, we stopped expecting anything at all, we would be happier, and magically we would get more!! Weird eh? That's the way it goes... :)

Here is a quote from the book of Vivekananda in the book "Karma Yoga"..

No comments:

Post a Comment