Friday, February 8, 2013

Quit or put up with it?

Let's say there is something that bothers you at work or in a relationship.. When is a good time to quit and thus you have won the battle?And how do you know you have done enough effort to make it work?

As I said before every difficulty we have in our lifes happens for us as a lesson. I am patient with this client for the past 2 years and every Friday that we meet, and I mean every Friday, he yells at me because I have done something that he has asked for and then he changed his mind. So, I said to myself, ok Alice, here you will learn how to control your anger every time he yells you will try to ccontrol yourself and be kind. In the beginning I used to get angry and didn't speak to him for days because of his behaviour. Later on, trying to control my emotions and doing my job I didn't react to his unreasonable demands and tried to do the best I can. He changed for a while, but not for long.

It is wise to know what you are learning from each situation and see it as a battle with yourself, but it is even wiser to distinguish which battle you have to take and which is useless. How do you know when to stop trying? When you feel you have done the best you could and you are only staying because of the fear of losing what you have.Try to think the reason you want to stay.. If the answer is I don't want to lose it, they leave. If the answer is I will find the way to make it work and it depends on me, then stay.. Take the risk to act though.



No comments:

Post a Comment